Benefit from Sustainably Developed Structures
A History of Persistent and Uncompromising ValuesEver since its creation, our company has been characterised by technology, innovation and ingenuity: gb Implantat-Technologie is a former affiliate of the Krupp Group which was active in the medical technology sector back in 1870.
All innovations have greatly shaped our corporate culture and the development of our outstanding quality: our innovation is our tradition.
An Overview of the Key Milestones in our History:
- 1912: groundbreaking discovery of stainless steel
- 1919: registration of a patent ‘for artificial replacement parts within a human or animal body’
- 1930 to 1957: first cobalt-chrome alloy, introduction onto the market of a nickel-free CoCr casting alloy, titanium and titanium alloys were also processed for the first time
- 1958: production of endoprosthetics in the investment casting process
- 1975 to 1981: market-ready developments of the CoCr investment casting alloy ENDOCAST® and of the forgeable CoCr alloy ENDOCAST® SL
- 1995: ISO 9001 certification, then subsequently ISO 13485 and ISO 14001 (still valid today)
- Till today: constant improvements of our alloys and economic innovations such as Kanban, lean management and Design2Cost